As summer approaches, the commercial landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head continues to improve.
Here’s the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, planned projects, commercial transactions, grand openings and closings.
- Cheap Seats. This 7-year-old local eatery and tavern brand, with three locations in Hilton Head, Bluffton and Ridgeland, plans to open its first gastropub later this summer at the former site of the Main Street Lanes Bowling Center, 2600 Main St., on the island’s north end. The menu will list sandwiches and melts, while the other eateries continue to serve casual fare like wings, sandwiches and pizza.
- Hilton Head Health. This premier wellness, weight loss and longevity resort at 14 Valencia Road in Shipyard on the island was sold to Wake Capital Partners in April and announced early last month. The private investment banking firm based in Greensboro, N.C., paid $3.3 million for the 4.4-acre property.
The acquiring company was registered in North Carolina in February by agent Kevin Carter. He also registered H3 Hilton Head LLC on the same date in North Carolina. Carter is president of Hilton Head Health (H3) spa resort, founded in 1976, and of Wake Capital Partners.
“I was deeply affected by my own experience at Hilton Head Health, and I saw firsthand how H3 is significantly improving people’s lives,” Carter said. “The customizable health, wellness and weight loss programs are highly effective, and the staff is passionate about the company’s mission. Every guest at H3 is given the tools and strategies needed to help them lead happier and healthier lives.”
Grand openings and ribbon cuttings:
- Red Wine Boutique, 1011 Fording Island Road, Suite C105, Bluffton, May 18. Savory pairing specialties in food, wine and craft beers are on the menu for lunch and dinner.
- Original 46 Gastropub, 68 Bluffton Road (former site of Napoli restaurant), Bluffton, May 30. Twenty craft beers on tap, an extensive bourbon lineup, and tasty pub food such as chicken and waffles, smoked wings and pork belly confit are showcased. Servings are offered Monday to Saturday from 4 p.m.
- The Palmettos of Bluffton, 3035 Okatie Highway (Route 170), June 8. This new assisted living and memory care facility, which is affiliated with the Tennessee-based National Healthcare Corp., provides skilled nursing and rehabilitative care in an independent living environment.
The facility offers 55-unit assisted living suites in six different floor plans and 22 private apartments at its Harbor Memory Care Residence.
- Coldwell Banker, Platinum Partners, 22 Plantation Park Drive, Suite 102, Bluffton, June 22.
- Talbots, 28 Shelter Cove Lane, Suite 107, Hilton Head, July 18. The retail clothier also operates a Talbots and Talbots Woman at Tanger Outlet One in Bluffton.
- Hobby Lobby, Bluffton Crossing, 1129 Fording Island Road at Burnt Church Road, Aug. 7. This Oklahoma-based retailer offers arts and crafts and home décor merchandise.
If you have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news (new construction, relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share, email information to Dean Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean Rowland is a veteran senior editor and freelance writer.