Here’s the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, grand openings and closings.
- Hargray Communications. This regional telecommunications company that has been providing services in the area since 1949 was sold to the investment group Tom Pritzker Family Business Interests last month in an all-cash transaction. Closing on the deal is expected in the next few months. Hargray, which serves 65,000 internet, television and phone customers in South Carolina and Georgia, has been owned by private equity firm Quadrangle Capital Partners since 2007.
- Oasis Life Spa. President Jenna Crist has assumed ownership of this boutique spa at 18 Executive Park Road, Suite 3 on Hilton Head. Among the services offered are a variety of massages, alternative holistic therapies, Reiki and reflexology. Crist, a massage therapist for 16 years, has certifications in numerous holistic therapies, and has been a licensed registered nurse for nine years.
- Lettrs. Owner Debbie Timen will open a second location of her retail store that specializes in monogramming, embroidery and supplies, and gifts at 8 State of Mind St. in Bluffton Promenade. She opened her original location in 2012 at Main Street Village on the island.
- The Original 46 Gastropub. The Napoli Bistro Pizzeria and Wine Bar at 68 Bluffton Road will be reborn this spring as a new restaurant specializing in high-end cocktails, pub food and craft beer.
- Charlie Graingers. This hot dog emporium has reopened at Shelter Cove Town Centre on the island after closing in November.
- Bee-Town Mead & Cider. South Carolina’s first meadery, an enterprise that produces honey wine, is planning to open in May at 1230 May River Road, according to its Facebook page.
- The Kitchen Connection. Christine King and Cindy Stenger have opened a shared commercial kitchen at 61 Riverwalk Blvd. Unit E in Okatie. The 1,500-square-foot space can be rented by the hour or monthly by food truck operators, bakers and caterers or used for one-time birthday parties, wine tastings and club meetings. The extensive on-site equipment includes sandwich, general prep and baking stations; an electric fryer; convection oven; freezer; and 40-gallon steam kettle.
Grand openings and ribbon cuttings. Ambassadors from our local chambers of commerce participated in these events:
- Cordelia’s Garden Center. Owner Anthony Farris celebrated his opening March 11 at 172 Bluffton Road. The full-service garden center offers flowers, plants, trees, hardscapes, and installation of pavers and other amenities.
- Hilton Head Hospital Senior ER. The grand opening of a $1 million senior-friendly emergency room facility at this regional healthcare company was held March 23.
- Tidewater Wealth Solutions. This insurance and retirement planning company specializing in life, disability, long-term care insurance and annuities opened March 22 at 16A Palmetto Way in Bluffton Village.
- Vital Personalized Healthcare. Dr. Chris LeBlanc opened his practice at 23 Plantation Drive, Suite 401B on March 6.
Have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news (new construction, relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share? Send information to Dean Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org.