Moving can be a hassle. But there are ways that technology can make the transition a little easier on you.
1. Schedule a virtual tour of potential homes. We’ve learned how to adapt to remote living with the help of technology. People and things that are physically distant away are now viewable at the click of a button.
If you are looking to relocate, it can be inconvenient or impossible to travel to tour homes that are far away. Many real estate websites offer virtual tours of homes for sale so that you don’t need to travel. Virtual tours help buyers expand their search and sellers reach a bigger pool of potential buyers.
2. Track your moving truck. Sending your precious belongings off in a truck and waiting for them to arrive can be stressful. Many moving truck companies offer the option to track your moving truck online.
Choose a company that offers this tool to follow your truck’s progress and plan accordingly. You can also get text message updates of your truck’s location and when it is scheduled to arrive.
3. Entertainment on the go. Sometimes moving requires a long drive to another state or lots of trips to stores, like the hardware and home décor store. If you have children, more time in the car be unpleasant.
A car seat headrest mount can hold a tablet and turn the car into a mobile movie theatre. Now the kids can watch movies and help pass the time while you get where you need to go.
4. Keep track of critical items. It is easy for things to get messy when moving. Unpacking endless boxes takes time and things get misplaced easily. Smart tracking tiles can help you locate important items or boxes quickly. Attach one to your keys or pack one into a critical box so you can locate it easily using the paired app on your phone.
5. Design hack. Making a new home look and feel great can be a challenge. Interior decorating takes time and a careful eye that not everyone has. A smart color-matching device connects to a mobile app that helps you match paint colors, flooring and fabrics. This tool will make choosing your color scheme easier than ever.
6. Outdoor security. It can be stressful not being able to keep an eye on your home, especially if it is being renovated or built. Smart cameras can give you peace of mind that your property is secure when you are not there.
Once you move in, you can check in on your home when you are not there. Outdoor cameras are also a great extra set of eyes for when the children are playing outside.
Connected devices and live streams work best with premium internet speed. Ask your internet service provider if you have the fastest internet in town.
Lynn Hall is the general manager of Hargray.