Retailers, restaurants and service businesses are changing the landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head. Here’s the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, planned projects, commercial transactions, grand openings and closings.
- House of Colour, Bluffton. Local stylist and resident Wendy Jacobs has opened this national franchise of color and style consultancy.
The service provides a comprehensive analysis of both, which results in an understanding of how clothing, accessories, makeup and color all coordinate in a client’s lifestyle.
- Bucci’s, Shelter Cove Harbour, Hilton Head. This upscale Italian eatery has undergone a renovation since January with an expected re-opening this spring with a new menu and a new name, Bucci and Murray’s Pub on the Water. Classic Italian cuisine, pizza, burgers and a happy hour will be served inside and outside.
- Club Seats Grille, 2600 Main St., Unit 102, Hilton Head. This one of four Cheap Seats Restaurant Group locations now offers delivery service from its entire menu from 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday to Friday. It expects to expand the delivery service this summer.
Signature melt platters, soups and salads, pizza, wraps and appetizers are offered for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. Monday to Saturday.
- Superior Heating & Air, 36 Persimmon St., Suite 202, Bluffton, The locally-based company, which has been providing HVAC installation, air conditioning repairs and maintenance since 1999, purchased Healthy Environments Inc. in April. The company focuses on commercial and residential indoor air quality.
“This is a logical addition for us,” said David Miller, Superior’s founder and president. “We’ve always made air quality a priority because mold and allergens affect the enjoyment of life here, more than many other parts of the country. Bringing Healthy Environments on board makes us even stronger for delivering superior indoor air quality services.”
Healthy Environments also adds services such as window film installation, home insulation, and duct and dryer vent cleaning.
Healthy Environments’ service and customer support has been transitioned to the Superior office.
- Starbucks, Sea Turtle Marketplace, 430 William Hilton Pkwy., Hilton Head. A new Starbucks is scheduled to replace the one that burned down at the same site in January. Conceptual designs, which included changes to the original layout and drive-thru grid, were discussed before the town’s Design Review Board on March 27.
Grand openings, ribbon cuttings, closings:
- The Spice and Tea Exchange of Hilton Head, 1 North Forest Beach Drive, Building A, #7 at Coligny Plaza, Hilton Head, April 20. This national franchise, owned by Eric and Jaimie Burns, offers 140 spices, 35 teas and 85 seasonings.
- Senior Helpers of Hilton Head, 1541 Fording Island Road, Suite 2 at Moss Creek, Bluffton, May 3. Locally owned and operated by Scott and Christine Wellinger, this leader in senior home care since 2002 provides specially trained caregiver services for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia clients.
Have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news (new construction relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share? Send information to Dean Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org.