In today’s world of real estate sales, top listing agents use brick and mortar, online, and outside-the-box marketing methods to get their listings sold.
Here’s a checklist of marketing methods that are used to market and sell the homes they list. How does your agent stack up?
• Research all comparable properties to establish market value and listing price
• Encourage agents and empower buyers to view their property listings
• Coordinate showings with owners, tenants, and other agents
• Return all calls promptly (weekends included)
• Install electronic lock box to facilitate showings
• Prepare mailing lists of contacts and prospects; utilize target marketing
• Generate postcards, letters, and emails to all contacts and prospects
• Review comparable MLS listings regularly to ensure that price is competitive
• Distribute property flyers to all area real estate companies and agents
• Send “just listed” electronic email property blasts to all area agents
• Use professional property photos; generate elevated photos if appropriate
• Publish an exclusive property website that promotes that specific property 24/7
• Employ home staging to make the property more attractive to prospective buyers
• Upload listing photos and descriptions to company and personal real estate website
• Promote property listing, photos and descriptions on top real estate Internet sites
• Provide property marketing data to out-of-state and international real estate agents
• Provide property marketing data to buyers coming from referral networks
• Provide property marketing to buyers coming through relocation networks
• Submit ads to newspapers and other print media to reach local buyer prospects
• Promptly enter price changes and new information in the MLS database
• Convey price changes and-or incentives to all local agents and internet groups
• Reprint and supply house brochures promptly as needed
• Share feedback received from buyers’ agent after showings
• Discuss feedback with seller to determine if changes will accelerate the sale
• Review weekly market initiatives with sellers and modify accordingly
• Utilize social media and internet to promote property photos, highlights and details
• Network with vast numbers of colleagues and associates to promote the listing
• Hold broker broker, agent, neighborhood, private and public open houses
In determining list price, top agents use their knowledge of the market. They price properties to sell fast and for the highest possible price.
To impress and wow prospective buyers, top agents create attractive house flyers. Some agents even prepare a selling book, highlighting property details and special features.
Larry Stoller is the broker-owner and Realtor with Real Estate Five of the Lowcountry. Larry@RealEstateFive.com or RealEstate-Five.co