Scott Purinton, M.D., Ph.D., FAC OG, FACS, fellowship-trained gynecologic oncologist and surgeon with Memorial Health’s ACI Surgical Associates, recently passed a subspecialty board exam making him board certified in gynecologic oncology.
Purinton is among approximately 600 gynecologists in the United States who are board certified in gynecologic oncology as well as obstetrics and gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
For more information, visit www.memorialhealth.com.
- Bluffton-Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine recently treated its 2,000th patient at the free clinic located at the corner of Burnt Church Road and Highway 278.
The all-volunteer medical clinic provides medical exams, counseling and nutritional education as well as preventive disease education to eligible uninsured or underinsured residents of Bluffton and Jasper County.
The clinic is staffed by local physicians, nurses and technicians who donate their time and expertise, as well as volunteers who greet patients, answer phones and manage paperwork.
BJVIM, which served its first patient in September 2011, is one of more than 90 independent clinics under the guidance of the National Volunteers in Medicine Alliance. For more information call the clinic at 843-706-7090.
- The Center for Hyperbarics and Wound Care at St. Joseph’s/Candler has earned the Center of Distinction Award from Healogics, Inc. for achieving outstanding clinical outcomes for 12 consecutive months.
The measured outcomes included patient satisfaction higher than 92 percent, a minimum wound healing rate of at least 91 percent within 30 median days to heal, and other quality outcomes.
St. Joseph’s/Candler has three wound care locations: Candler Hospital in Savannah, Moss Creek Village in Bluffton and Hinesville, Ga. For more information, visit www.sjchs.org/hyperbarics.
- The offices of Lux: A Medical Spa, May River Dermatology and Weniger Plastic Surgery will host a blood drive with the American Red Cross from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. May 30 at 350 Fording Island Rd.
Email email@example.com to sign up for a time to donate blood.
- Hilton Head Hospital has received the Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures for patients with heart failure.
This marks the fourth consecutive year that Hilton Head Hospital has been recognized with a Gold-Plus award.
In addition, the hospital received an “A” rating in The Leapfrog Group’s Spring 2015 Safety Score, demonstrating the hospital’s commitment to deliver safe, high-quality patient care.
- Dr. Romila “Romie” Mushtaq will be the keynote speaker May 29-30 at the May InSPAration Series at Hilton Head Health.
Dr. Romie will hold workshops on meditation and conquering stress, and she’ll also lead a sunrise beach yoga class on Saturday morning.
For more information, visit www.hhhealth.com/hilton-head-health-insparational-series.
- The Blood Alliance will hold a blood drives from 1 to 6 p.m. May 21 at Coastal Carolina Hospital, 1000 Medical Center Dr. in Hardeeville.
A government-issued photo ID is required to donate blood.
For more information or appointments, call 843-522-0409 or visit www.igiveblood.com.