- Sothea Saing, a board certified family nurse practitioner, has joined Coastal Carolina Medical Associates, a department of Coastal Carolina Hospital.
Most recently, Saing was a family nurse practitioner for the CVS Minute Clinic in Ballentine. Previously, as a registered nurse, Saing provided care for patients at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
Saing has a master’s degree in nursing with a concentration in family nurse practitioner from Pennsylvania State University. He earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.
Saing is board certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and is certified in medical-surgical nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
In his new role, Saing will provide primary care for patients, including preventive care, treatment for various illnesses and minor injuries, management of chronic diseases and immunizations.
Coastal Carolina Medical Associates is located at 1010 Medical Center Dr., Suite 240, in Hardeeville. For information or appointments, call 843-784-8293.
- Dan Smith, D.O., a board-certified family medicine specialist, has joined the staff at Lowcountry Medical Group, a practice of Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
Smith is now seeing patients at the multispecialty practice at 300 Midtown Dr. in Beaufort.
A graduate of Oklahoma State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, Smith completed his internship and residency at Oklahoma State University Medical Center and began his career working in the emergency room at Hillcrest Health Care System in Tulsa, spending several years as an ER and urgent care physician and practicing family medicine in Oklahoma.
After relocating to the Lowcountry in 2011, he served three years as an ICU hospitalist at Coastal Plains Primary Care in Varnville; an ER physician at Hampton Regional Medical Center; and medical director of a hospice care center in Ridgeland.
For more information, call 843-770-0404.
- Jessica A. Kobleur, M.D., has been certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM) as an ABOM Diplomate. Kobleur is a pediatrician at The Children’s Hospital at Memorial University Medical Center, Savannah.
The designation represents the highest level of achievement in the medical specialty of obesity medicine and required rigorous training and an extensive exam process.
Kobleur works with children and families in the Gulfstream Children’s Wellness Program and Center, helping them transition to a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy weight through diet, physical activity and behavioral changes.
Memorial University Medical Center is a two-state healthcare organization serving a 35-county area in southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. To learn more, visit www.memorial health.com.
- A Caregiver Vent, Learn and Support MeetUp Group will meet at 2:30 p.m. March 23 at HogsHead Kitchen and Wine Bar, 1555 Fording Island Rd., Bluffton.
Caregivers of the elderly, terminally ill and wounded veterans are invited to this new group. RSVP to Leah Kidwell at email@example.com or 843-785-5901.
- A Health and Wellness Fair will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 31 at the Hardeeville Senior Center, 205 Main St., Hardeeville.
Local health and wellness businesses and medical professionals will conduct a variety of screenings, answer questions and provide resources.
The event is free and open to the public. Businesses interested in participating may contact Leah Kidwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University of South Carolina Beaufort (USCB) will host its third annual Health and Wellness Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 31 on the Hilton Head Gateway campus at One University Boulevard, Bluffton.
USCB’s Health and Wellness Fair is intended to increase health awareness through education and prevention.
The purpose is to provide basic health and wellness information, as well as a variety of informational booths and giveaways designed to help students and the surrounding community become more aware of the many health-related programs, services, and providers located in our surrounding community.
There will be free games, activities, giveaways and more. The event is free and open to the public.
- The Palmetto Rowing Club will hold its annual Learn To Row Day from 8:30 to 11 a.m. April 2 at the Old Oyster Factory, 101 Marshland Rd., Hilton Head. A rain date is scheduled for April 23 at the same time and location.
The LTR Day is an opportunity to try the sport with an experienced rower. Rowing is a non-impact activity, which can be enjoyed out-of-doors year round by persons of all ages.
For more information, call 843-298-2345 or visit www.palmettorowing club.com.