- Coastal Carolina Hospital will host a “Man Up for Your Health” event beginning at 6 p.m. March 27 at the Lakehouse in Sun City Hilton Head.
The event is free and open to residents and non-residents of Sun City.
The interactive program will include blood pressure, glucose and skin screenings; flexibility and strength assessment; and stroke risk assessment.
Dr. Eric S. Gwynn, a urologist, will discuss such topics as enlarged prostate, kidney stones, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction, and prostate cancer.
Registration is at 6 p.m. with the event at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. To sign up, call 844-727-6881 or visit CoastalHospital.com/ManUpEvent.
The Lakehouse is located at 1251 Sgt. William Jasper Blvd. in Bluffton.
- Registration is now open for the Memory Matters Brain Health Summit, to be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 25 at Hilton Head Beach & Tennis Resort, 40 Folly Field Road.
Keynote speaker is Dr. Paul Nussbaum, an internationally renowned expert on brain health. He will speak on “Brain Health Across the Life Span.”
Other speakers include:
- David Premo of Hilton Head Island, giving his TedX Hilton Head talk on his stroke recovery;
- Chef Kim Baretta, who will discuss brain-healthy eating;
- Dr. Brittany Thomas, who will demonstrate brain-healthy exercises;
- Clayton Cooke, certified music therapist, who will teach how to “cool your brain.”
Registration fee is $45 per person, which includes breakfast and lunch.
For more information and to register, visit memory-matters.org or call 843-842-6688.