Retailers, restaurants and service businesses are changing the commercial landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head Island. Here’s the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, grand openings and closings.
- Sunny Daze Surfboards. Owner John Tolly plans to open his new surfboard retail shop at 144 Arrow Rd. on Hilton Head late this spring or early summer. The retail business, which he founded in 2000, had been located at two different sites through the years. He has been making custom surfboards at the Arrow Road location for the past four years.
- Healthy Habit. Owners Kevin and Hope Yeung opened their new business in late January and celebrated a grand opening Feb. 1 at 55 Mathews Dr. on the island. They serve farm-fresh chopped salads featuring locally sourced ingredients, grass-fed beef, cage-free poultry and small batch dressings made from scratch. Patrons can build their own bowl or wrap and also enjoy vegetable blend juices and smoothies daily except Sunday.
- Don Ryan Center of Innovation. This Bluffton-based business incubator for start-up or early-stage companies opened a new satellite office in Beaufort in late January. The 5-year-old company’s main location is at 400 Buckwalter Place Blvd.
- Southeast Medical Hearing Centers. This auditory service business opened a new location at 94 Main St. on the island with a grand opening Feb. 3. It also serves Bluffton-area residents with diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss at 16 William Pope Drive.
- Duck Donuts. Franchise owner Craig Hutchings is opening the first South Carolina location of this North Carolina-based franchise at #70, Fresh Market Shoppes, 890 William Hilton Parkway. The 1,650 square-foot shop will feature a variety of made-to-order donuts and toppings, beverages, fresh brewed coffee and breakfast sandwiches. The company name comes from the town where founder Russ DiGilio opened his first store in 2006 – Duck, N.C.
Grand openings and ribbon cuttings. Ambassadors from our local Chambers of Commerce participated in the following events:
- Berkeley Flowers and Gifts. The grand opening at 108 Buckwalter Pkwy. in Bluffton was held Feb. 1.
- Brookdale Hilton Head Court. The grand re-opening was held Feb. 2 at 48 Main St. on the island.
- Hopeful Horizons. A ribbon-cutting on Feb. 6 introduced this satellite office in Bluffton that helps protect and prevent child abuse and domestic violence.
- NAI Carolina Chapter (formerly Charter One Commercial). The grand opening was held Feb. 6 at 1544 Fording Island Rd.
- Habitat for Humanity. A ribbon cutting Feb. 13 helped this organization celebrate its 100th home dedication at 12 Habitat Circle on the island.
- K Hovnanian Homes. This national residential construction company held a ribbon cutting Feb. 17 at Hampton Lake in Bluffton.
- Del Webb. A ribbon cutting Feb. 18 introduced the newest Sun City Model Home Park with six decorated homes.
Do you have business news (new construction, relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share? Send information to Dean Rowland at email@example.com.