While the days of open houses, with agents offering wine and cheese, are gone for now, real estate agents can still show and sell homes during this coronavirus pandemic. And they can do that in the safest way possible – by using technology and following published safety guidelines.
Initially, in lieu of physical showings, savvy real estate agents use complete and compelling virtual tours that potential buyers can view online from the comfort of their own homes.
While these property panoramas cannot replace showing homes in person, they can help potential buyers narrow down the homes they love to a few top contenders. They can then follow current health and safety guidelines if they want to see these favorites in person.
As this pandemic continues to change the way we live every day, here are some tips for you and your agent to consider when selling your home:
• Create a property panorama or virtual tour of your home that can be seen online by all potential home buyers.
• Keep your house as clean as possible so that it sparkles and shines when those right buyers come to see your home in person.
• Repair everything that you can, as now is the time to fix, update or upgrade to make your home “picture perfect.”
• Make the home look great, as experience tells us that buyers really do favor homes that “wow” them.
• The kitchen is the the room that wow’s the most; many houses sell because of beautiful kitchens, so make it a real showstopper.
Here’s a best practice that a number of my past and current home seller clients have used to their advantage: They had their home inspected, and they corrected all repair or replacement issues so they got no surprises when the prospective buyer did their inspection.
If we ever needed to be strong and have faith, now is that time. While most of our lives have been turned sideways and upside down, this global health crisis won’t last forever.
So if you are thinking of selling your home, now is a good time to start planning and preparing, and your real estate professional can assist you in doing just that.
Larry Stoller is a broker and Realtor with Real Estate Five of the Lowcountry. Larry@RealEstateFive.com, RealEstateFive.com, Sun CityOpenHouses247.com