Retailers, restaurants and service businesses are changing the landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head. Here’s the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, planned projects, commercial transactions, grand openings and closings.
- Mixx on Main, 87 Main St., Hilton Head. This American/Latin American restaurant opened early last month at the former location of Tio’s Latin American Kitchen. Appetizers, salads, soups, burgers, nachos, tacos, sandwiches, wings, entrees, sides, desserts, beer and wine are served at lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday. The eatery will convert into an employee-owned enterprise in the near future.
- The Daufuskie Difference, Daufuskie Island. The former Calibogue Cruiser Tours & Adventures has changed its name and expanded its services. The Happiest Hour Cruise kicked off June 22 aboard the Delta Lady, an 80-foot wooden riverboat. Every Friday, guests board the vessel at Broad Creek Marina on Hilton Head Island for live music, beautiful water views, beer and wine.
A week earlier, the company introduced daily ferry service to and from the two islands, to and from Daufuskie and Savannah, and to and from Hilton Head and Savannah. The Difference also offers a variety of other cruises and tours.
- Mullet’s, 614 William Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head. This food truck perched on a 1,700-square-foot pavilion behind Barnacle Bill’s Fresh Seafood, opened for businesses on June 21. All of the seafood for lunch and dinner is fresh, wild and caught on the East Coast. Tacos, sandwiches, shrimp baskets and more are on the menu.
- Aldi, U.S. 278 and Burnt Church Road, Bluffton. The Beaufort County Design Review Board approved, with a few minor changes, an alteration to the exterior of its building last month. The main request was to relocate the store’s entrance.
Shopping center neighbors of the giant German discount grocery store chain are Hobby Lobby and PGA Superstore. Aldi has more than 1,600 stores in 35 states and provides high quality food at low prices in a no-frills shopping experience.
Grand openings, ribbon cuttings, closings:
- Treehouse Technology Group, 8 State of Mind, Bluffton, June 5. The company, which focuses on technology for business growth, celebrated moving into its new location.
- Stop N Stor Self Storage, 4407 Bluffton Parkway, Bluffton, June 27. This new facility with 600 climate and non-climate units, including drive-up access, is located at the corner of Red Cedar Street and Bluffton Parkway.
This is the company’s 10th franchise to open and the first in South Carolina. The facility provides 24-hour gated access, a digital surveillance system, complimentary use of dollies and carts, and a full line of moving and packing supplies.
“We are thrilled to be open for business in Bluffton,” said director of operations Stefanie Dasher McCullough. We look forward to being a part of the Bluffton community!”
Have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news (new construction relocations, expansions, openings, ownership changes, etc.) to share? Send information to Dean Rowland at email@example.com.
Dean Rowland is a veteran senior editor and freelance writer.