Retailers, restaurants and other service businesses are changing the retail and commercial landscape in Bluffton and Hilton Head. Of course, much of the business community has ground to a halt for the past few months because of the pandemic, but new life is emerging slowly with various modifications.
Here’s the latest in new construction, renovations, relocations, mergers, planned projects, closings and grand openings.
• Lot 9 brewing co., 258 Red Cedar St., Unit 14, Bluffton, July 9. Owners Dana Briggs and Walter Trifari are presenting a “test kitchen” for craft beer in the Lowcountry. Seven brews are on tap.
“We’re going to be brewing in small batches, so the flavors and styles of beer are always changing and rotating,” Trifari said. “You can always count on our beer being the freshest beer around.”
• Bonefish Grill, 890 William Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island. This national franchise location has closed permanently.
• Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 14 Folly Field Road, Hilton Head Island. This national franchise location has closed permanently.
• Lucky Rooster Kitchen and Bar 841 U.S. 278, Hilton Head Island. This American bistro with Southern soul has temporarily closed until “we are able to return to our normal level of food, service, hospitality and safety for our team and guests,” according to its website. Its sister restaurant, Lucky Rooster Market Street, in Coligny Plaza, remains open with indoor and outdoor seating.
• Scott’s Fish Market Restaurant, 17 Harbourside Lane, Hilton Head Island. This marina-side restaurant in Shelter Cove has temporarily closed as of July 27, after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Many other restaurants also have shut down temporarily until after the summer season ends.
• Lawton Stables, 190 Greenwood Drive, Hilton Head Island. This venerable business reopened June 29 for its 52nd year for one-hour trail rides into the Sea Pines Forest Preserve. It also reopened pony rides on July 13. Reservations are required for both activities.
Have Bluffton or Hilton Head business news to share with our readers? Send information to Dean Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Rowland is a veteran senior editor and freelance writer.