- The Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce will host the 2016 Legislative Luncheon Jan. 6 at the Callawassie Island Club. Registration and networking will begin at 11 a.m. with the program starting at 11:30 a.m.
State elected officials will discuss their plans for the upcoming legislative session. The panel will include Sen. Chip Campsen, Sen. Tom Davis, Sen. Margie Bright Matthews, Rep. Bill Bowers, Rep. Jeff Bradley, Rep. Shannon Erickson, Rep. Kenneth Hodges and Rep. Weston Newton.
The Chamber will present its 2016 Legislative Agenda.
For more information, call the Beaufort Regional Chamber at 843-525-8500.
- Dan Waymont, agent and producer specializing in homeowners, automobile and flood insurance, has joined Carolina Heritage Insurance.
Waymont holds a Bachelor of Science degree in sports management from Mars Hill University. Most recently he served as the director of soccer for Storm Soccer Academy on Hilton Head Island.
For more information, call Waymont at 843-689-3030 or visit www.CarolinaHeritage.net.
- Christina Forbis, Realtor and team member of Charter One Realty, was recognized at the company's annual meeting for being among Hilton Head Island's top producing agents in 2015.
Forbis has a 20-year background in sales and marketing. She attributes much of her success to a strong focus on providing the best customer service to her clients.
A Hilton Head Island resident since 1997, Forbis is a committed member of the community, serving on the Port Royal Plantation board of directors, Zonta Club of Hilton Head, St. Francis by the Sea Catholic Church and The United Way major accounts campaign committee.
For more information, call Forbis at 843-301-7339 or email her at Christina@ChristinaForbis.com.
- Hilton Head Health, an exclusive weight loss spa on Hilton Head Island, was recently named the No. 1 choice for Favorite Health and Fitness Spa, and its new Indigo Spa was featured as a Favorite New U.S. Spa, in American Spa magazine's annual Professional's Choice Awards.
The retreat also received an honorable mention in the Favorite Spa Cuisine category.
The magazine's Professional's Choice Awards is one of the industry's leading awards programs. Winners were featured in the publication's December 2015 issue.
- Brenda Campbell has been appointed to the position of program director for Jamison Consultants Behavioral Health Center in Bluffton.
Campbell, who joined the practice as a counselor in 2014, has nearly 15 years of experience in the social service sector and more than 17 years of experience in corrections and correctional programs. Her specialties include counseling of children, substance abuse needs of children and adults, and counseling services in prison settings and residential substance abuse treatment programs.
Campbell will be overseeing all behavioral health programs and services at Jamison's locations throughout the Lowcountry.
For more information, visit www.jamisonconsultants.com.